HOW YOUR WEDDING PARTY CAN MAKE OR BREAK YOUR TIMELINE | Pro-Tip Series
There are many factors that can have a big impact on the wedding day timeline. Your hair stylist or makeup artist may take longer than planned. Maybe getting into your gown takes more time than you prepared for. It can be so many things! However, it’s not very often that you hear people talk about the impact that bridesmaids have on a wedding day. Let’s talk about it!
Let me start by saying that I always recommend to brides that they get ready at the same location with their bridesmaids. This allows me to capture images of everyone getting ready together, which tells the story of your wedding day more completely. It will also give me an opportunity to get some shots of the girls helping the bride into her gown.
Now, let’s talk about the Bridesmaids and the huge impact they can have on the timeline. Their attitude and involvement sets the tone for the day. They can be a photographer’s best friend or a lot to handle. I absolutely LOVE it when I walk into a getting ready room and the bridesmaids are friendly, welcoming, and cooperative. It makes the whole rest of the day go smoothly!!
Here are some things that bridesmaids can do to ensure that the morning runs smoothly and their bride sticks to the timeline! :
- Be on time! Your bride is going to have a lot of things running through her mind and there may be a lot of things that need to be done. She is going to need you there to take the stress off of her so she can have a relaxed and fun morning.
- Know where all the bridal details are. When I first arrive, after giving the bride a quick hug and hello, I am going to want to get started right away capturing all the details (shoes, gown, rings, jewelry, etc.). If the bridesmaids know where those things are, they can help gather them for me so the bride can focus on getting her hair and makeup done.
- If you are planning on wearing matching robes, once the bride is getting close to the end of her hair/makeup, I will grab her for a quick shot in your robes!
- After the robe shots, the bride will get the finishing touches on her hair and makeup and the bridesmaids will need to start getting dressed (along with mother of the bride)!
- Once bridesmaids are dressed and ready they will help the bride get into her gown.
- Only 2-3 bridesmaids will be able to help the bride but the other girls, if there are more, can surround the bride, block distractions, and make adjustments to the gown or veil.
- Remember that bridesmaids do not need to be perfect when the bride gets into her dress. If your hair isn’t 100% finished or you’re missing jewelry, it’s okay! Don’t slow down the timeline because you want to be 100% perfect in the bride’s dress pictures. Those little imperfections will not be noticeable, but falling behind on the timeline will!
When bridesmaids know how to make the morning run smoothly, the entire day runs smoothly!
For more Pro-tip series click here.
To view Stargazer Photography weddings go here.