Tips for Grooms | Wedding Wednesday – Pro Tips
For this Wedding Wednesday Pro Tip, I want to shift the focus a bit and speak to the GROOM! Most wedding planning is geared towards the bride, but the groom deserves some attention too, and this tip is for him.
There is a running joke about the groom’s only job on a wedding day is to show up on time. I want to dispel this assumption by giving 5 tips for the groom to remember on his wedding day! I Hope these tips are helpful and ensure you have a relaxing and joyful wedding day!
- GROOM’S CHECKLIST – Don’t forget these important details on your wedding day! I have seen so many grooms forget these seemingly small details, but things can quickly spiral into bigger problems when you forget them!
- Black socks
- Tux/tie/cuff links/shoes/vest/belt/watch/cologne
- Toiletries – deodorant, toothbrush/toothpaste, floss, comb/brush/
- Clothes for hotel
- Packed luggage if heading out to honeymoon
- Cash/checks for vendor payments/tips
- Last, but certainly not least, PLEASE don’t forget the rings! You would be surprised how many times this has happened!!!
2. BE PRESENT: Don’t drink too much before the ceremony! Look, I get it! For the groom, there typically is a lot of time to wait around before the ceremony, so the guys like to party! BUT, there is nothing worse than walking up to your ceremony, and having alcohol come out of your pores! Let’s make sure that’s not what your beautiful bride sees – or smells- first when she faces you down the aisle!
3. CALM HER NERVES: Send your sweet bride a love letter or a small gift! Believe me, she is probably a nervous wreck while she is getting ready. Her room is filled with hair and makeup, coordinators, family and friends, and she’s getting worried and hoping the day is running smoothly! Then, in walks someone (a maid of honor, best man, family friend) with a letter from you, telling her how you can’t wait to see her and how beautiful she is and how much you love her. I’m telling you, the sigh of relief and the smile that I am fortunate to capture is so priceless!
4. KEEP TRACK OF YOUR GROOMSMEN! Again, I know this is a party! And I know it’s been a while since a group of you have hung out, and it is a special day! But, we all know that there can be that one that gets a bit rowdy! So, make sure that your guys are all being good and well behaved, and also that they are aware of where they need to be and at what time! I could tell you stories of things drunken groomsmen have said to me that are offensive and inappropriate. Let’s keep those things from happening.
5. PRACTICE YOUR SPEECH!: If you are planning to say your own vows and/or a thank you speech, make sure you practice it! Have it written down and keep it with you. When it’s your turn to talk you don’t want your mind to go blank!
And a final note, relax and have fun! This is a special day for the BOTH of you, and it will fly by! So, remember to take it all in, take all of the photos, and enjoy your day! You both have worked so hard to get to this point! And, its the first day of the rest of your life!
Are you looking for a wedding Photographer? Inquire here!
Read more pro tips here.