mother son on beach

Infertility Journey |Tyler Webb – My miracle

In September of 2001, when my daughter was around 18 months, my then husband and I, decided to start trying for another child. I thought it would be as quick and easy as it was with my daughter, which was about 2 months…boy was I wrong!

After trying for over a year, and not getting pregnant, I scheduled an appointment with my doctor to see what we could do. I was put on Clomid. We tried that for six months with no results. Our next option was to try monthly hormone injections. Each month I would go to my neighbor’s house, who is a nurse, and receive my monthly shot in my hip. Another six months of injections and nothing.

At this point I was starting to get really frustrated and angry. I didn’t understand why it was so easy the first time and now seemingly impossible.

My doctor sent me to an infertility specialist who put us on a calendar. We actually had to schedule our intimate times and use endless ovulation tests.

Still nothing.

Next came surgery. I had to have a laparoscopy procedure. It was during this surgery the specialist saw that my ovaries were smooth…think hard boiled egg. Ovaries are supposed to be bumpy and rough, because each time you ovulate scar tissue forms. This allows the egg to release better. He had to drill holes in my ovaries (ovarian drilling) so scar tissue could form.


Now I hate my body. Each month came the harsh reminder that I was not pregnant, and every month I was in tears, and angry. My body was rejecting me!

Back to the specialist and he laid it out for us, our last option was In Vitro Fertilization. That was it, I was done, I could not put myself through it.

We went home and I put away all the baby items I had kept close. What would have been the baby’s room would become a craft room. My focus would turn toward being the best mom for my daughter…my only child…we were a family of 3.

In January of 2005 we were preparing for a trip to Disneyland with our close friends and their boys. While my husband ran to the store for some last minute items while I stayed at home to finish packing. As I gathered our things I began realizing I was “late”. This wasn’t unusual for me though, and it was the cause of many months of disappointment. I was late a lot and it always led to false hope.

Not wanting to leave for our trip with this on my mind I decided to go ahead and just take a test. May as well get it over with and get on enjoying our time at Disneyland. I reluctantly pulled the test from the box and went into the bathroom.

My usual routine would be to sit with great anticipation and wait for two lines to appear. This time I almost didn’t care. I didn’t even look at it, I just placed it on the back of the toilet while I adjusted myself and then turned to flush. While in mid flush there they were…two…pink…lines.

I almost didn’t believe it so I grabbed the package the test was in to double check that I didn’t accidentally grab an ovulation test! Nope, it was definitely a pregnancy, test and those two pink lines were as bright as a full moon!!!

Still in disbelief I cried out to God and thanked him. I then ran to my bedroom, grabbed my phone and called my best friend, then my mom, then anyone else I could think of. There was no interest in waiting to tell others, they had waited long enough.

My poor husband, the last to know. He returned from the store and I met him in the driveway with the test in hand. “What’s this?” he asked. I told him it was a pregnancy test. A big grin appeared on his face and he asked, “How’d that happen”? I told him I had no idea!

My next phone call was to my doctor who instructed me to avoid exciting rides while at Disneyland. No worries…I was taking no chances. I enjoyed Small World, Dumbo, and the various other “kiddie” rides with my daughter.

On September 7, 2005, Tyler Dalton Webb was born….on his due date. He was 9.5 pounds and almost came by c-section. His cord was wrapped around his neck and his hands were on each side of his head, causing his elbows to get stuck on my pelvis. It was the hardest labor but I got him here safe and healthy.

newborn baby
newborn boy
mother holding newborn

As you can imagine, my son has a very special place within my heart. He is almost 15 now and hibernates in his room most of the time. For Tyler, Hugs and time with mom is way uncool…but I still get them in when I can.

boy on the beach
Thank you Madison Thomson Photography for capturing this great smile!!!

Read more about our life here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *